We bet you never had champorado like this before! Swap out the classic chocolate for sweet, earthy ube. What a treat!
Ube Champorado Recipe
Ube Champorado Ingredients
- 1 250-gram cup malagkit rice rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 Cup ube halaya
- 1 teaspoon ube flavoring
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream plus more to serve
- evaporated milk to taste
- condensed milk to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pour rice and water in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer until rice is cooked, stirring regularly to avoid scorching and sticking. Add more water if necessary to achieve your desired consistency.
- Stir in ube halaya, flavoring, coconut cream, and a pinch of salt, to taste, once rice is tender. Cook, stirring, until heated through and ube is mixed in well.
- Ladle champorado into bowls. Top with a swirl each of evaporated milk or condensed milk to taste. Recipe originally published in the July 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.