Step aside, ube-cheese pandesal. Here’s another dessert that’s taking on the classic flavor and making it better!
Ube Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Make way for another ube dessert!
Ube Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ube flavoring
- 1/4 Cup ube halaya
- 1 8-ounce bar cream cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and white sugar. Mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Add ube flavoring. Add ube halaya. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ube mixture. Mix well.
- Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside a portion of the ube mixture in a separate bowl (to be used later). Pour the remaining ube mixture onto the pan. Spread evenly. Set aside.
- To make the cream cheese swirl, in a separate bowl, use an electric mixer and cream the cream cheese. Add white sugar. Mix well. Add egg. Mix well. Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto the square pan on top of the ube mixture. Spread evenly. Drizzle the ube mixture that was set aside earlier over the cream cheese layer to create a marble effect.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Let it cool down completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW