Ube and cheese is an unbeatable pair! This cheesecake recipe uses ube flavors and it comes in fun, petite purple cakes.
Ube Cheesecake Recipe
Ube Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 cups cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 300 Grams fresh purple yam (ube) boiled and mashed until smooth (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 pieces Egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons each on the bottom of 12 (21/2-inch) molds, pressing down firmly. Chill.
- Make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on low speed for 2 minutes or until soft and smooth. Add salt and sugars gradually; mix for 1 minute until mixture is creamy.
- Add cooled mashed ube and mix until batter is uniform in color. Add eggs one at a time; mix just until eggs are incorporated.
- Pour filling into prepared molds. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still a bit wobbly.6 Let cool completely then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to set. Unmold and serve chilled.