Ube Oatmeal is what we call a healthy breakfast game changer in our family. We all love oatmeal and champorado so I thought, why not combine both? Unlike champorado, I feel less-guilt when eating this. If you are minding your sugar, you can add skim milk instead of condensed and just add your preferred sugar substitute. Our Ube is such a versatile ingredient that its use is limitless with just a little creativity.
Ube Oatmeal Recipe
Ube Oatmeal Ingredients
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons ube halaya
- 1/2 Cup condensed milk
- 4 drops ube flavoring
- Bring water and oatmeal to a boil in a saucepan or pot.
- Place the lid on, but with a slight opening to let the steam out. Cook for 5 minutes. (The water should be boiling at the 5-minute mark.)
- Stir continuously until the oatmeal has thickened. (We are going for the champorado-like consistency.)
- After 4 minutes of stirring, you may add the rest of the ingredients: ube halaya. condensed milk, and ube flavoring. Mix them all together until well combined.
- At this point, turn the heat down to avoid the oatmeal from sticking on the bottom. Serve and enjoy! READ THESE: MORE UBE RECIPES No-Bake Ube Gelatin Recipe Ube Leche Flan Cupcakes Recipe