What’s quicker than a vegetable dish that comes together with a simple saute? Turn this vegetable saute into a full meal by adding sotanghon noodles into the mix.
Vegetable Saute with Sotanghon Recipe
Vegetable Saute with Sotanghon Ingredients
- 1 90-gram pack vermicelli noodles (sotanghon)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Cup Chorizo de Bilbao sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 400-gram can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 Cup water
- Soak sotanghon in cold water for 10 min. or until soft. Set aside. Heat oil in a stainless wok over med. heat. Add chorizo de bilbao, sliced, and sauté until browned. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Sweat in the remaining oil red onion and garlic until softened. Add corn, carrot, and green peas, thawed. Drop in beef bouillon cube and stir until dissolved into the vegetable mix. Pour in water. and then bring to a boil then simmer. Drain sotanghon and add to the simmering wok. Cover and let cook until sotanghon is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Recipe originally published in the September 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.