Meatless doesn’t have to also mean flavorless! Take this vegetarian burger recipe for example. Loaded with aromatic ingredients that make the lentil super tasty, this lentil burger can be the meatless option you can have when you’re tired of the usual monggo recipes.
Vegetarian Lentil Burger Recipe
Replace the meat with this vegetarian burger instead.
Vegetarian Lentil Burger Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Small red onion chopped
- 1 Small sweet potatoes (kamote) diced
- 1 Small carrot diced
- 1/4 Cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion chopped
- vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
- 8 pieces hamburger buns
- Boil lentils in water until tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. Drain and transfer to a boil. Slightly mash lentils.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry garlic, onion, sweet potato and carrot until tender. Let cool slightly. Add to lentils.
- Add breadcrumbs, salt, paprika, and cumin. Mix well to combine. Form into patties, about 8 to 10 pieces. Fry patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine yogurt, parsley, and green onions in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Assemble burgers: Spread yogurt mixture on hamburger buns. Fill with tomato, lettuce, and lentil patty. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW