This noodle dish is topped with fish skewers inspired by the refreshing flavors of Vietnam.
Vietnamese Grilled Fish Recipe
Vietnamese Grilled Fish Ingredients
- 500 Grams blue marlin (or any firm-fleshed fish) steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 Cup Leeks sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- Sweet chili sauce to serve
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Lemongrass chopped, white part only
- 2 teaspoons turmeric grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo) chopped, optional
- 4 cups rice noodles use flat wide noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 teaspoon bird’s eye chilies (siling labuyo) chopped, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- Thread fish cubes onto barbecue sticks then skewer leek pieces at the ends. Set aside.
- Make the marinade: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Pour over fish and refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Make the Vietnamese noodles: Toss all ingredients together. Divide among bowls.
- Heat a griller or a grill pan over medium heat. Brush skewers with oil then grill until cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place fish skewers on top of noodles. Garnish with basil and chilies. Serve with sweet chili sauce on the side.