Treat your taste buds to this sweet dessert called revel bars! If you have chocolate, condensed milk, oatmeal, and different kinds of nuts, you can totally make this chocolate oatmeal bars recipe at home.
Walnut Revel Bars Recipe
Walnut Revel Bars Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup salted butter softened
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 tesapoon Salt
- 1 400-gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with butter or vegetable shortening.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar for 2 to 3 minutes using a whisk, or for about 1 minute if using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat well until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the quick-cooking oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine this with the butter mixture until well incorporated. (This dough will be very stiff.) Set the mixture aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salted butter over low heat, stirring often. Heat just until all the chocolate is melted, and then remove from heat.
- Take about 2/3 of the oat mixture and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan. Then pour the chocolate filling over the top, and spread it evenly almost to each edge. Drop the remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over the top of the chocolate layer. Spread the walnuts over the chocolate fudge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the dough on top is lightly browned. (The chocolate layer will still look a little moist). Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from the pan, by gently pulling up the foil edges. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.