Take advantage of the season’s bounty of fresh produce. The vinaigrette for this salad recipe is made with bacon, so expect guests to ask for seconds!
Warm Spring Salad Recipe
Warm Spring Salad Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/4 Cup onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/3 Cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 4 cups snow peas (sitsaro) blanced
- 1 390 gram can artichoke hearts in water each piece quartered
- 1 Cup red cherry tomatoes halves
- 1/2 Cup black olives
- 2 heads Lettuce washed
- Make the bacon vinaigrette: Heat a pan until smoking. Add oil and bacon. Cook until crisp. Drain and set bacon aside. Chop into bits. Reserve drippings
- Sauté onions in the same pan until translucent. Add garlic; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar, drippings, salt, and pepper. Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Add orange juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and olive oil. Pulse to blend. Set aside.
- Combine snow peas, artichokes, tomatoes, and olives. Pour vinaigrette over and toss to coat well. Reserve some dressing to serve on the side.
- Place lettuce in bowls. Top with vegetables. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately with dressing on the side.