This dessert recipe should be right up your alley if you are a berry and chocolate lover. You’ll need a mixer to make this, but the result is a fluffy, super light cake that is especially delicious when served cold. Fresh is best! When in season, use only fresh raspberries with the white chocolate-infused whipped cream to fill this simple yet decadent cake roll.
White Chocolate Cake Roll Recipe
White Chocolate Cake Roll Ingredients
- 3 large Egg
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder sifted
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 Cup Powdered SUgar or as needed
- 1/4 Cup raspberries canned, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 250 Grams whipping cream
- Butter for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Butter a 10x15-inch baking sheet. Cover with parchment paper, and make a slit on each corner to fit properly. Press the parchment against the buttered surface to eliminate air. Butter the parchment. Set aside.
- Place eggs and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the beater attachment. Beat eggs and sugar for about 7 minutes on High until mixture has thickened. Gently stir in salt, baking powder, and flour to avoid deflating the eggs. Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet, then spread evenly.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the cake has risen, is golden, and springs back to the touch. Remove from oven. Sprinkle the cake generously with powdered sugar. Cover with a tea towel. Flip cake. Gently remove baking sheet. Starting on one short end, roll the cake. Once rolled, place seam side down. Cut and spread open an empty paper towel roll. Place cake inside to retain shape. Chill one hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make whipped cream: Puree raspberries in a blender. Transfer to a small saucepan. Whisk in sugar, cornstarch, and milk. Cook until thickened, whisking. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic against its surface to prevent a skin from forming as it cools.
- Melt white chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Set aside to cool slightly. Using a clean bowl, whisk cream on High until soft peaks. Gradually fold in white chocolate and raspberry mixture.
- To assemble: Unroll chilled cake. Gently remove the parchment paper; discard. Spread cream on cake, leaving a 1-inch border on end of the roll. Use tea towel as an aid to roll the cake. Wrap in plastic wrap. Return to paper towel roll, and chill until ready to slice and serve. This recipe appeared in the May 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines