Whole wheat flour gives these cookies a nice crunch and texture, but at the same time, when baked at the right temperature and for the right amount of time, the center is still chewy.
Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1 Cup Butter cubed
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar sugar
- 1/2 Cup muscovado sugar
- 2 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanila extract
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 ounces dark chocolate chopped into chunks
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time until well blended, then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the batter. Mix and then stir in chocolate chunks.
- Place dough in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from the refrigerator and allow to thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Using a 30-gram ice cream scooper, scoop mounds of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Space balls of dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and centers are still slightly soft. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for for about 5 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about 4 days.