You get protein, vegetables, and carbs all in one bowl!
- 4 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 400 Grams Beef (use sirloin or tenderloin), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil divided
- 1 piece white onion sliced thinly
- 1/3 Cup bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 Cup carrot julienned
- 1/4 Cup cabbage shredded
- 2 tablespoons mirin (japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons green onion for garnish (optional)
- rice (steamed), to serve
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and baking soda in a bowl. Add beef, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry beef in 2 to 3 batches until beef changes color, about 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the wok. Sauté onions until caramelized. Add bell peppers; sauté until tender. Add carrots; sauté until cooked but still crisp. Add cabbage and cooked beef. Add remaining soy sauce and mirin; mix well. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Serve over steamed rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW