Yang chow fried rice can be cooked in a matter of minutes. You can even use leftover meat and veggies as mix-ins for this super quick fried rice dish.
20-Minute Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
20-Minute Yang Chow Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 120-gram can Chorizo de Bilbao sliced, oil reserved
- 1 Small red onion peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 1 Cup frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Cup Shrimp frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, shelled, deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups day-old rice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- spring onions chopped
- In a large wok over medium heat, heat oil and chorizo oil. Once hot, add onion, then garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add mixed vegetables and water. Simmer until softened.
- Add chorizo and shrimp. In a small bowl, beat eggs; season with salt and pepper. Push wok ingredients to the side, add and cook beaten egg.
- Add rice, season with salt and pepper, and toss to mix. Cook until heated through. Serve topped with spring onions. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.