Zucchini and Eggplant with Miso Recipe
This wholesome dish makes for the perfect side dish to chicken teriyaki or beef teppanyaki.
Zucchini and Eggplant with Miso Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 250 Grams zucchini sliced into 3-inch lengths
- 2 eggplant sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Japanese white miso
- 6 tablespoons mirin (japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds toasted
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Sauté zucchini and eggplant for a minute. Add miso, mirin, white sugar, water, and chili flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Let the sauce reduce until thick. Season to taste with salt.
- Turn off heat. Add sesame oil and sesame seeds before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW