Shake Shack Revealed The Secret Recipe To Their Cheesy Sauce!
We're hoping they'll release more recipes soon.
If you've ever dined in at Shake Shack, you would know that no matter how delicious the burgers are, a meal isn't complete without the creamy shake and a serving of their cheesy fries. For those who want to recreate Shake Shack's famous cheese sauce at the comfort of their own home, this burger chain just revealed its secret recipe on Facebook andÂ Twitter.
Shake Shack posted a video online with their Culinary Director, Mark Rosato. In this home video, he reveals the ingredients list to hack their signature cheese sauce. Don't worry, most of these are available in our local supermarkets.
- 2 cups American Cheese
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 6 thin slices of JalapeĂ±os
- 3/4 cup Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Peppercorns
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- 1 Put canola oil, sliced onions, jalapenos, whole peppercorn, and the salt in a pot. Wait for the onions to become translucent.
- 2 Add the white wine and the white wine vinegar in the pot, then wait until reduced.
- 3 Add the heavy cream and turn off the heat and let it steep for 30 minutes.
- 4 Strain the cream and place it in the pot, under fire.
- 5 When you see it start to boil, add the cheddar cheese and American cheese.
- 6 Whisk until there are no clumps of cheese left.
This is best drizzled over crinkle-cut French fries, but you can also use it as a dip for nachos. You can even experiment further with it by adding it to your favorite instant noodles. Watch the full video: